close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Transfer Due to Divorce

The Nebraska Certificate of Title must be issued in the name of the person  awarded the vehicle after the divorce.

The Divorce Decree must identify the vehicle with year, make, model and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).

The Divorce Decree must be signed by the judge and must be the original or a certified copy.

If a lien exists against the vehicle, the person awarded the vehicle must work with the lien holder to have the Certificate of Title sent to our office for  transfer.  A new security agreement may be required.

An Application for Certificate of Title will be required in the name of the  person awarded the vehicle; the odometer section of the title must also be  completed.  A fee of $10.00 for the title and/or a fee of $7.00 for the  lien notation will also apply.